Monday, March 31, 2014

It’s That Time of the Year Again!



      Do you happen to know what time it is? It’s SPRING TIME! The coming of Spring can mean only one thing: Color. So what exactly is on our Fashion forecast? According to Pantone, a wide variety of Pastels!
Courtesty of Pantone and Mazelmoments
     I am just so excited to see some pastels again, even though they are much more toned down then one would imagine. With this winter being filled with darker tones, I was starting to think I was living under an Instagram filter! Or worse, a retro black-and-white movie! But fear not, Spring is ushering in something different. Pastels, of course, is obvious! What is Spring Fashion without pastels?! 

    What Isn't so obvious, perhaps, is the emergence of metallic colors. 
Courtesy of IMAXTREE and Alessandro Lucioni as well as Elle Magazine
Courtesy of IMAXTREE and Alessandro Lucioni as well as Elle Magazine
     I usually think that Gold is ultra-gaudy, but I am digging this new look! That gold outfit makes her look high-class, not cheap. This silver number, however, could use some work. What really captivates me about this outfit, though, is the skirt. It's intricately ruffled with spots of silver, yet sheer in some other parts. On the other hand, the top of this outfit really removes all of her curves. Simply put, it's unflattering. What is she hiding under there, anyway? 

     If you think that metallics and neutral pastels are all you have to look forward to, then you are dead wrong hunty!

Spring Fashion Week 2014


     From these pictures, what do you see? Well, here's what I see: sheers, pinks, icy pastels, black, white, and bold prints. 
     I really adore sheer clothing. It's sexy, and probably very comfortable, yet it doesn't come off as slutty. Sheer outfits, or at least some of them, make me think elegance. Next on the list is pink. Pink looks quite big this season, with shades of pink splattered everywhere, on...well, everything. Some of my girlfriends think that pink is THE BOMB, well good news for them, they'll be enjoying this season! Unlike my friends, what I'm really attracted to this season are the bold prints. My friends might think I'm tacky, but solid colors are BORING! It's time to step away from the norm, and dive straight into the crazy! Do you see that dress with the flowers? I absolutely LOVE that print. It adds that special touch to an otherwise plain silhouette. What happens when you take off all the print? It's just a white dress. It's time for everyone to express their artistic side, ya know?

     My apologies for skipping around, but it's finally time to address the last two items on our forecast. First off, I'd like to state that I have nothing against "wearability." But as someone who really loves couture, I just have to embrace that crazy in me. That being said, black-and-white is super wearable! It's simple, it's chic, it's fabulous! But let's not get too low key. Black-and-white with a twist, something kind of quirky, that's what we need nowadays. Lastly, icy pastels.
     I love, love, LOVE this "icy blue" ensemble. But what exactly is an icy pastel? Well think of it like this: You open a box of soft pastels, grind it up, mix it into some liquid silver and that's what you get. It's not quite metallic, but it's close. If anything, icy pastels are supposed to give you chills. That icy pastel blue just gives me that impression of it being lifeless and cold, which isn't something I hate.
     The coming of Spring means the ending of Winter, and while it will be missed (Winter is my favorite season), I am extremely excited to see all the stores and everybody around me stock up on some new colors. Open your wallet girls, it's time to get a new wardrobe! But what about me? Well I'm simply too broke to afford a new wardrobe, and quite frankly, I doubt Nordstrom allow boys to try on dresses. Nevertheless, I shall window shop to my heart's content! What do you think about this season's trends? Do you love it, hate it, or do you just feel indifferent about it?

   Well until next time,
    Stay Fierce
    Stay Fabulous
    Fashion 5-0

2 comments: