Monday, April 7, 2014

Make Up Forever Mini-Haul!

     I would like to preface this quick post by saying that I believe makeup is a facet of this beautiful thing we call fashion. That being said, I'll tell you why I had this mini-haul. I am by no means wealthy, so when I spend money on makeup, I usually have to think on it before I hand the evil cashiers at Sephora my money (they're not evil, it's just that antagonizing someone makes me feel better about spending so much money). Something about this Monday made me feel the need to purchase some makeup. I'm not sure what it is exactly, but trust me, it made me drive all the way to the mall to purchase these products (it wasn't until I left Sephora that I realized my purchase were solely Makeup Forever). Then brain spark! Now I have something to post about!
Make Up For Ever's Duo Mat Foundation, Instant Brush Cleanser, and Full Cover Concealer

Foundation in shade 203-Light Beige and concealer in shade 5-Vanilla

     The workers in Sephora were kind enough to aid me in my search for the perfect color! I was pleasantly surprised at how welcoming the employees were, but then again, I might have looked suspicious in a store filled with women. At least one of the cashiers were male, though.

     The foundation is actually very mat and had a decent coverage. Too bad the amount of powder you get is just not that much for how much it costs ($34). The tube of concealer had amazing coverage, perfect for all the little imperfections I have everywhere on my face. Of course, the amount is also a bit lacking compared to the price ($32). However, I really love the products, so if you have some money to spare, I definitely recommend these two products (definitely trying it on tomorrow~).

     My makeup brushes were starting to get all muddy and nasty, so I decided it was time to buy myself a brush cleanser. The brush cleanser wasn't too expensive($12), and you don't have to use a lot. Simple yet effective.

    Well that concludes my mini-haul of $85. On a side note, I won 2nd place in a competition a week or two ago, and now the school board wants to recognize the people who placed. Overjoyed, am I! I was finally able to fish up a picture of the dress so here it is:


     That fat dork on the left is me, next to me is the model wearing my dress. The blue dress won 1st, designed about the girl next to the model. Finally, 3rd place goes to my friend who is standing at the end, wearing her own design. I'm quite proud of my work, and I am excited to design more clothes. What are your thoughts on brand name makeup? Do you like the dresses?



  Well until next time,
    Stay Fierce
    Stay Fabulous
    Fashion 5-0

1 comment:

  1. Well, you introduced me to some new makeup. I'm usually not a Sephora girl more Ulta. :) Thanks for your review of this makeup. And congrats again on your well deserved win!

    ReplyDelete